As Your Child grows bigger, you’ll feel lots of kicks and even hiccups — and you may also have more trouble with breathing, finding a comfortable way to sleep, and, yes, even getting out of bed. Use your next visit to learn more about the hospital and discuss healthy strategies for getting through the final months.
What to expect:
- You’ll do a urine test.
- You’ll get your blood pressure and weight checked.
- Your doctor will listen to the baby’s heartbeat.
- Your doctor will feel and measure your belly.
What to ask:
- How can I tell the difference between Braxton Hicks contractions and real labor?
- What type of vaginal discharge is normal, and what type should I call you?
- Am I gaining weight at a healthy rate?
- What can I safely take to ease my heartburn?
- What newborn screenings does the hospital require?
- Does the hospital support breastfeeding after delivery?
Dr. Wanwadee Sapmee Panyakat, MD. (27 June 2020)