There are many chemicals in the air, in our homes, and in beauty salons that can be harmful to Your Child ’s health. Here are some chemicals you shouldn’t expose your baby to.
Dangerous beauty products
Many chemicals used in nail salons are dangerous. They let off fumes that can be toxic to young children. Refrain from bringing Your Child to the nail salon with you, and if possible, choose products that don’t include phthalates and are marked as safe for pregnancy to avoid second-hand inhalation of residuals when you go back home. Avoid acrylic nails as well since most nail glues also contain toxic fumes.
Pesticides on fruits
Pesticides are chemicals farmers use to kill bugs. There will always be remnants on fruits and vegetables unless you go strictly for organic options. If not, make sure you wash all fruits and vegetables under running water before eating them. There is no need to use baking soda or other cleaners.
Lead on walls
Lead can be highly damaging to the nervous system of little Your Child and has been linked to lower IQ among children who were exposed to it during their early childhood. If you live in an older house and are unsure whether the paint on your walls is lead-based, you can hire help to remove the paint professionally. Otherwise, always opt for lead-free water-based paint.
Lead in old water pipes
Lead can also be in the water pipes present in older homes. If Your Child is formula-fed, never use tap water unless you are sure it is safe.
Any cleaning product labeled “toxic” or come with a warning should be handled with care. Too much exposure to chemicals in such products can damage Your Child ’s developing brain.
Dr. Piyawut Kreetapirom, MD.