As your little baby grows bigger, you’ll feel lots of kicks and even hiccups — and you may also have more trouble with breathing, finding a comfortable way to sleep, and, yes, even getting out of bed. Use this visit to discuss healthy strategies for getting through the final months.
What to expect:
- You’ll do a urine test.
- You’ll get your blood pressure and weight checked.
- Your doctor will listen to the baby’s heartbeat.
- Your doctor will feel and measure your belly.
What to ask:
- How can I tell the difference between Braxton Hicks contractions and real labor?
- What type of vaginal discharge is normal, and what type should I call you?
- Am I gaining weight at a healthy rate?
- What can I safely take to ease my heartburn?
- What newborn screenings does the hospital require?
- Does the hospital support breastfeeding after delivery?