Your visit to the doctor during week 16 and 22 might be very special as you will probably get to listen to Your Baby heartbeat and maybe already see if you can expect a boy or a girl.
What to expect:
- You’ll do a urine test.
- You’ll get your blood pressure and weight checked.
- Your doctor will listen to your baby’s heart.
- You’ll discuss any symptoms or concerns.
- Your doctor will feel and measure your belly
- You might have an ultrasound and maybe see the sex of your baby.
What to ask:
- What upcoming tests and screenings do you recommend?
- How can I make sure I’m getting the best nutrition, especially if I have morning sickness?
- What foods should I avoid?
- Can I keep to my regular exercise routine?
- Is it necessary to take a flu shot or vaccination against Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, and Hepatitis?
Bring along any vitamins, supplements, herbal teas, or over-the-counter medications you’re taking.
- Multiple marker screening: It estimates the risk of a genetic condition, as well as identify the risk factors for preeclampsia and fetal growth concerns via a blood test
- Mid-pregnancy anatomy scan: Use a sonogram to check out the baby’s size, development, and sex. This test can be done after 18 weeks.