Your visit to the doctor during week 16 and 22 might be very special as you will probably get to listen to #baby heartbeat and maybe already see if you can expect a boy or a girl.
What to expect:
- You’ll do a urine test.
- You’ll get your blood pressure and weight checked.
- Your doctor will listen to your baby’s heart.
- You’ll discuss any symptoms or concerns.
- Your doctor will feel and measure your belly
- You might have an ultrasound and maybe see the sex of your baby.
What to ask:
- What upcoming tests and screenings do you recommend?
- How can I make sure I’m getting the best nutrition, especially if I have morning sickness?
- What foods should I avoid?
- Can I keep to my regular exercise routine?
- Is it necessary to take a flu shot or vaccination against Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, and Hepatitis?
Bring along any vitamins, supplements, herbal teas, or over-the-counter medications you’re taking.
- Multiple marker screening: It estimates the risk of a genetic condition, as well as identify the risk factors for preeclampsia and fetal growth concerns via a blood test
- Mid-pregnancy anatomy scan: Use a sonogram to check out the baby’s size, development, and sex. This test can be done after 18 weeks.